Monday, September 3, 2012

Upcycled Dryer Sheet Discovery

Recently, I read a blog, saw a pin, or some other article that piqued my interested; it mentioned using a used (or new) dryer sheet to clean your toilet with.  Now, being a mother of two toddler boys, can you just imagine what cleaning a toilet can involve in my house.  Let me just say that I was more than impressed with the results.  I must mention that since I used the trick on the toilet I have started a stash of used dryer sheets in the laundry room.  I don't exactly feel as if this trick is new news to the world of pinning an blogging, but tonight I took my dryer sheet upcycling to a new level. 

About a year ago my husband surprised me with a set of stock pots that I absolutely adore.  Except when something is scorched in them...like chili.  UGH!  I despise steel wool soap pads because I always get the steel wool in my fingers and I will be miserable for days trying to get the tiny piece of metal out of my aching finger.  So, tonight as I'm pondering the removal of this scorched chili in the bottom of my stock pot and the fact that I'm currently out of the dreaded steel wool soap pads I had an epiphany...used dryer sheet.  I worked like a dream! I did have to use two of them, but the fact is they would only end up in the garbage anyway.  I scrubbed away with my upcycled dryer sheets, then washed with my usual dish cloth and soap to remove any residue or softener that might be left behind by the dryer sheet.

If the toilet trick wasn't enough to make me save my used dryer sheets, this dish washing business sure is!

No comments:

Post a Comment